MS in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security-A weekend course for professionals working in the field of agriculture, food security, food safety or rural development
Interdisciplinary Centre for Food Security (ICF) is a unique institute at Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh contributing to the development and dissemination of new knowledge on food security in Bangladesh by virtue of its access to highly skilled experts and educators from multiple disciplines and sectors, from within BAU and from its external network. As a part of its academic programs ICF offers weekend courses leading to MS in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security for professionals working in the field of agriculture, food security, food safety and rural development. ICF now invites application for enrolment of students in professional MS in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security program to be commenced in July 2017.
The MS in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security program focuses on the following areas:
• Agri-ecosystems and conservative use of natural resources
• Economic and livelihood issues of agricultural production systems
• Social structure and gender issues of agrarian community
• Crop, livestock and fish production systems, policies and programs
• Economic and social drivers of food access
• Relation between food, human nutrition and health status
• Vulnerability of food security in disaster and human resilience to disaster
• Research methodology and project management
• Leadership, managerial and communication skills
COURSE DURATION AND CREDITS
• 3 semesters (2 semesters for course work and 1 semester for dissertation)
• Total 42 credits (Course work 26 credits, research 16 credits)
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
1. Candidates for admission into MS in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security (Professional) must possess a Bachelor of Science or DVM degree from BAU or an equivalent degree from other university including an MBBS degree, with at least 3 (three) years job experience or
A 3-year bachelor degree and masters or 4-year bachelor degree in biological sciences / natural sciences / social sciences / business studies with at least 3 (three) years job experience in the field of agriculture / food security / food safety / rural development
2. The candidate must have secured a minimum GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 or 3.5 out of 5.0 or equivalent marks in annual system.
3. Number of seats is limited. Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit.
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria should apply using prescribed application form available from Pubali Bank Limited, University Campus Branch, BAU, Mymensingh during 04 – 20 June 2017 on payment of Tk. 700. Completed application must be submitted to ICF by 20 June 2017.
For further information, such as course fee, please contact the Senior Program Officer, ICF, BAU, Phone: 091 67401 to -6 (Extn. 2295); Cell: 01797 469073; Email: